Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/19 15:36:32 UTC

Collecting ant build results with maven into an ear

Hello fellow maven users,

I'm stuck with a legacy application that is built with ant and uses lots of
custom ant tasks.
There is no time to create maven plugins for this legacy project instead.

Anyway.. The project I'm working on consists of two major artifacts.
- one ear with the legacy application (client)
- one ear with our new application (server)

I would like to build them together with maven, so i created a POM-packaged
parent and seperate child modules for the new stuff and one child module for
the legacy application.
I use the antrun plugin to build the legacy ear, which seems to work just
fine..

The next step is to tell maven to recognize the ear that is produced by the
ant build as a regular maven artifact and install it in the maven
repository.
Another possibility might be to produce the contents of the ear, but not yet
package it, so maven can package it and install the ear artifact in the
repo.

Any ideas? I'm kind of in the dark here..

PS. Maven 2.0.4

Thanks!
Jo

Re: Collecting ant build results with maven into an ear

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
you can attach the final Ant ear artifact to maven project so that it can be
installed/deployed
as normal maven artifacts using build-helper-maven-plugin.

The draw back is the deployed pom has "pom" packaging.  I dont know what
would be the impact

http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin

-Dan