Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shaun Bramley <sh...@rogers.com> on 2004/12/16 04:40:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Configuration File Modifications with PHP5 Installation

I am currently running a default installation of Mandrake 10.0, which if my
memory is correct is currently running httpd 2.0.48.  I have upgraded /
installed PHP5 (5.0.2) yet I have run into a couple of issues with apache's
configuration files.  Specifically I believe my modifications in the
/etc/httpd/conf.d/70_mod_php.conf file are at the heart of my evils.  At the
moment when I attempt to view a php file the browser (IE6) prompts me to
download the file..Which obviously is not the intended operation.
Can someone please point out my mistaken changes and lead me in the right
direction.
Thank you
Shaun

The old file cat'd as:
	quote:

	[root@localhost conf.d]# cat old_70_mod_php
	<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
	<IfModule !mod_php4.c>
	LoadModule php4_module extramodules/mod_php4.so
	</IfModule>
	</IfDefine>

	<IfModule mod_php4.c>
	PHPINIDir /etc
	</IfModule>

	<IfModule mod_mime.c>
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
	</IfModule>

The new file is:
	quote:

	[root@localhost conf.d]# cat 70_mod_php.conf
	<IfDefine HAVE_PHP5>
	<IfModule !mod_php5.c>
	LoadModule php5_module libexec/libphp5.so
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php5 .phtml
	</IfModule>
	</IfDefine>

	<IfModule mod_php5.c>
	PHPINIDir /usr/local/lib/