Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Alexey V. Ivanov" <me...@myrealbox.com> on 2001/04/14 21:00:03 UTC

Solution of NoSuchMethodError for IAS

    Dear sir or madame,

Today I downloaded Cocoon 1.8.2 from your site and installed it into Inprise
Application Server 4.1.1
on Windows 2000 Professional SP1. I am using JDK 1.3 from Sun Microsystems.
After installation I have got exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError when
running XSP.
I tryed to move xerces_1_2.jar to the begin of classpath, but it fails.
Then I discovered that IAS always load its own jars BEFORE any other jars
independently of their names!

My solution is :
1) unpak vbejb.jar(from <path_to_ias>/lib)
2) remove folders org/w3c and org/xml from unpacked files
3) pack these files using zip (NOT jar !) archiver
4) rename this archive to vbejb.jar
5) place new vbejb.jar into <path_to_ias>/lib.
6) rename xerces_1_2.jar to something like axerces_1_2.jar

Also I recommend NOT to use servlet_2_2.jar from Cocoon 1.8.2 with IAS 4.1.1
because of possible problems.

I tested all examples for IAS and didn't find any problem (JSP is still
working though I didn't expect it).

  Best regards, Alexey V. Ivanov.

Re: Solution of NoSuchMethodError for IAS

Posted by michele bianchi <mi...@pow2.com>.
On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Alexey V. Ivanov wrote:

>     Dear sir or madame,
>
> Today I downloaded Cocoon 1.8.2 from your site and installed it into Inprise
> Application Server 4.1.1
> on Windows 2000 Professional SP1. I am using JDK 1.3 from Sun Microsystems.
> After installation I have got exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError when
> running XSP.
> I tryed to move xerces_1_2.jar to the begin of classpath, but it fails.
> Then I discovered that IAS always load its own jars BEFORE any other jars
> independently of their names!

did you try to run ias with -cploc:front option?  it puts the classpath you
give before its own.

dott. michele bianchi                                       power of two s.r.l.
phone +39 335 5384700                                      http://www.pow2.com