Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Alexander Yurchik <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/24 12:21:56 UTC

Traffic server fails to start - Centos 7

Hello

We have an issue with ATS on CentOS 7. It won't start after reboot:

Dec 24 07:59:26 server.com traffic_cop[933]: unable to locate local state
directory '/run/trafficserver'

When I create it manually - everything is ok.

​
Any help is appreciated
Thanks!

Re: Traffic server fails to start - Centos 7

Posted by Phillip Moore <pd...@pobox.com>.
Centos7 uses systemd and a change from previous releases is that /var/run
is wiped on reboot by default, it is tmpfs.

You can configure a systemd conf file to ensure that the trafficserver
directory is created at boot time.

You would create like a trafficserver.conf file that has something like

RuntimeDirectory=trafficserver
RuntimeDirectoryPreserve=restart

Hope that helps.

Phillip