Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Menke, John" <Jo...@acs-inc.com> on 2004/06/25 17:56:47 UTC

The hsqldb cannot be used inside a WAR file - in Websphere Portal Server 8.1

I get the following error:

org.apache.avalon.framework.context.ContextException: The hsqldb cannot be
used inside a WAR file. at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.contextualize(ServerImpl.java
:95) at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.contextualize(ContainerU
til.java:107) at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:245)

1. I dropped cocoon.war into my application and weblogic complained about
missing classifle
2.  I added the logkit.jar to my classpath in the startweblogic.cmd file
set WL_COCOON_HOME=C:\bea8.1\weblogic81\server\lib\cocoon
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%WL_COCOON_HOME%\logkit-1.2.2.jar

Now weblogic no longer complains about the missing class but i get the above
error.

Any ideas?

Re: The hsqldb cannot be used inside a WAR file - in Websphere Portal Server 8.1

Posted by Nick Van den Bleeken <Ni...@pandora.be>.
HSQLDB can't run from within a WAR file because it can't create the files
for its tables etc. if it is running inside a WAR. In most application
servers you can specify that the server needs to unpack the WAR file before
running the webapp. If you anable this, everthing will wark fine.

Nick

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.