Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Connie Yang <cy...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/28 23:31:41 UTC

How to pass a bounded Java threadpool as the aggregateExecutorService in MulticastProcessor?

I'm currently using camel-core-2.11.1.jar.  In one of the routes, I'm using
multicast, parallel processing with a time aware aggregation strategy.  The
goal is to perform a set of tasks simultaneously with a timeout upon
aggregation.

In my load and performance testing, I noticed that a Java unbounded thread
pool was created as the aggregateExecutor in MulticastProcessor, which has
caused some of the performance issues in my application.

Is there a way for me to pass or inject a bounded Java thread pool for the
aggregation effort as it does not have to be that big in my case?  If not,
are there any other alternatives for the fork-n-join processing in Camel?

Thanks,
Connie

Re: How to pass a bounded Java threadpool as the aggregateExecutorService in MulticastProcessor?

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at this page[1], you can get every thing you need :)

[1]http://camel.apache.org/threading-model.html

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.