Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by thorsten <th...@apache.org> on 2004/09/14 17:33:34 UTC

floating bug in pelt

Hello devs,

Jason and I trying to get rid of the floating bug in pelt. I started a
new thread because I want to focus on this bug.

Have a look at the screenshot I made with the attached patch.

The problem is that the published note is not floting in the same level
like the level2tabs.

The problem can be seen in firefox 0.8 and IE.

Any help welcome!

King regards
thorsten

Re: floating bug in pelt

Posted by thorsten <th...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Yeah, i was flabbergasted when i saw that.
> Thorsten, can you explain what the issue was.
> How could that cause such grief?

Ok, long story short:

I added a &nbsp; when I started to debug the problem:

That results in IE and Mozilla a line break if I would have used <br/>:

I solved by just using 2 divs and moving the &nbsp; after the
"level2tabs" (first nested div):
   &nbsp; <script/>

The idea was mentioned by Jay (thx again). My first test did not work
because I did not move the &nbsp; after the level2tabs div (first nested
div).

General rule of thumb if you have problems with float make sure of the
right usage of &nbsp;. ;-)

> --David
>
> Jason End wrote:
>
>>Fantastic! And all because of an &nbsp. How typical,
>>hehehe.

LOL. It is like bash scripts. ;-)

>>Nice work.

Thanks and thanks to you again