Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by methodho <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 09:23:35 UTC

Performance issue when selecting messages over 3000+

Here is the scenario:
1. Start a standalone activemq server (memory persistence)
2. Enqueue 3000+ message to a queue
3. Dequeue by selector (JMSCorrelationID='...'), and the performance is
REALLY bad.

It seems like MessageConsumer is waiting MessageDispatchChannel to get all
the messages from server.

So in this case, How can I solve the problem?

Thanks

Re: Performance issue when selecting messages over 3000+

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Can you describe in more detail what the behavior you see is?  How long
does the broker take to dispatch the first, second, third, etc. matching
message?  Note that I'm not asking how long it takes for the message to be
consumed; if your consumer code is slow, there's nothing ActiveMQ can do
about it.

You can see the number of messages dispatched to each consumer via JMX or
the web console, and you can see it change by refreshing repeatedly.

Also, what proportion of the messages match your selector?  And are there
any other consumers on that queue at the time?

Tim