Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/11/05 23:38:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release maven-source-plugin 2.0.4

Hi,

I'd like to release maven-source-plugin 2.0.4.

This fixes a couple of minor issues.
The last release was made 6 months ago.

Release Notes:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11147&styleName=Html&version=13442

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-source-plugin-2.0.4/

Staged at:
http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/staging-repository-source-plugin/

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

Here is my +1

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-source-plugin 2.0.4

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vincent

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> I have deployed a new 2.0.4-SNAPSHOT that is supposed to fix both of
> these issues. Daniel, can you take it for a test drive?

Looks MUCH better.     The jars look like they are actually shippable.

That said, longer term, we probably should flip it to using the
maven-archiver instead of the plexus-archiver.   Would definitely
provide a bit more control and the remote-resources would be grabbed
automatically without the code needing to be in this mojo.

Probably should also consider doing some sort of "isUpToDate" thing like
the jar plugin does to avoid rebuilding jars that don't need to be
rebuilt.

I think I need to go log some JIRA's.   :-)

Thanks.
Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-source-plugin 2.0.4

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
OK, this vote is now canceled.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-source-plugin 2.0.4

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 06 November 2007, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> I would have to say -1.
>
> Compared to 2.0.2 (we were locked down to that version, these problems
> may exist there as well):

I meant to say "these problems may exist with 2.0.3 as well.   I didn't
test 2.0.3, but I have heard about others (ServiceMix in particular)
hitting #1 with 2.0.3 and thus they locked down to 2.0.2 as well.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-source-plugin 2.0.4

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I would have to say -1.

--
J. Daniel Kulp