Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Ivan Ooi <ol...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 03:56:18 UTC

using sql statement in procedure or function

hi all,

  Is there anyway that i can use SQL statement to query my data in procedure
or function ?
Will Derby going to implement that ? Why not take a look JoSQL.sf.net,
good if Derby can take this library in :-)

Thanks

Re: using sql statement in procedure or function

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Ivan Ooi wrote:
> hi all,
>
>  Is there anyway that i can use SQL statement to query my data in procedure
> or function ?

Hi, Ivan,

SQL functions and procedures implemented in Java can execute SQL
statements. More information, and some sample functions and procedures,
are on the Derby Wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines

> Will Derby going to implement that ? Why not take a look JoSQL.sf.net,
> good if Derby can take this library in :-)

I hadn't heard about JoSQL before -- thanks for the link.

 -jean

Re: using sql statement in procedure or function

Posted by Ivan Ooi <ol...@gmail.com>.
SQL-J can freely downloaded from otn.oracle.com It is free.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Ooi <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.