Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de> on 2002/12/28 04:25:41 UTC

/support

A lot of utilities compiled by default are mentioned to be found in the
directory /support. Wouldn't it be better to point to the default
installation directory /bin (in most cases) in the docs?

For example:
    The utility logresolve, provided in the /support directory ...
new:
    The utility logresolve, compiled by default to the /bin
    subdirectory ...

Most users will first search for a directory or subdirectory support to
find an executeable version of the mentioned utiliy. For tools not
compiled by default we could write something like:
    The utility logresolve, whose source is provided in the /support
    directory ...

 Kess

Re: /support

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
--On Saturday, December 28, 2002 4:25 AM +0100 Astrid Keßler
<ke...@kess-net.de> wrote:

> A lot of utilities compiled by default are mentioned to be found in
> the directory /support. Wouldn't it be better to point to the
> default installation directory /bin (in most cases) in the docs?

Sure.  +1.  -- justin