Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com> on 2014/06/09 11:03:56 UTC

答复: White papers/Solution implemented to use HIVE/HBASE as OLTP

borthakur.com/ftp/RealtimeHadoopSigmod2011.pdf

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
I think there is also https://github.com/yahoo/omid . Not sure of the
status of any of those have never tried them neither...

RE: White papers/Solution implemented to use HIVE/HBASE as OLTP

Posted by "Birdsall, Dave" <da...@hp.com>.
Hi,

Trafodion uses the MVCC concurrency model. So reads are always allowed. It checks for conflicts at transaction commit.

Updates made by a transaction become visible to other reads at commit time.

Regards,

Dave

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Lee <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ted Yu:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
James:

Posted by James Lee <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
You're missing too many things.

Why do you want to use the wrong tool for the job.

OLTP is a different beast from what HBase has to offer.

On Jun 9, 2014, at 7:10 AM, N. Ramasubramanian <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the link… but in messaging there will not be any update.. but in the real time OLTP there will be huge updates… any suggestions how to handle this..
>
> regards,
> Rams
>
> On 09-Jun-2014, at 2:33 pm, 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com> wrote:
>
>> borthakur.com/ftp/RealtimeHadoopSigmod2011.pdf
>>
>> Thanks,

Use at your own risk.
Michael Segel
michael_segel (AT) hotmail.com

Re: White papers/Solution implemented to use HIVE/HBASE as OLTP

Posted by "N. Ramasubramanian" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,