Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Gray, Alex" <Al...@inin.com> on 2013/04/29 20:25:31 UTC

javadoc error when ./sbt publish-package

I'm getting an error when I execute "./sbt publish-package":
[error] javadoc: error - invalid flag: -Xlint:deprecation

I'm using jdk1.7.0_21.

Steps to Reproduce:
git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/kafka.git
cd kafka
git checkout -b 0.8 remotes/origin/0.8
./sbt publish-local

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

RE: javadoc error when ./sbt publish-package

Posted by "Gray, Alex" <Al...@inin.com>.
To get around this error, modify the file "project/Build.scala" by removing these lines:
-    javacOptions ++= Seq("-Xlint:unchecked", "-source", "1.5"),
-    javacOptions ++= Seq("-Xlint:deprecation"),

This will allow "./sbt publish-local" to run successfully.

Alex Gray