Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/17 18:54:19 UTC

empty .gitignore files in svn???

I think we might be accumulating empty .gitignore files, I just noticed

plugins/activemq/geronimo-activemq-ra/src/main/rar/.gitignore
plugins/sharedlib/src/main/resources/.gitignore

which look empty after my svn up.

Do these serve some purpose?  If so, is there some way we could have only one such file for the project?

thanks
david jencks

Re: empty .gitignore files in svn???

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On May 17, 2010, at 9:53 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> git don't pull empty directory if there's no .gitignore marker in a empty path.   no empty directory in the two projects will result in build error  when copying resources.
>
> Is  the adding files causing any problems ?  If so,  I can try to figure out if git can pull a empty directory while keeping the track in a central file.

The only problem is my confusion about why they are there.  Is it possible to put a comment in a .gitignore file to explain the purpose?

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--