Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@hotwired.com> on 1995/12/02 16:37:12 UTC

Re: packet loss

Organic (and hence hyperreal) shares HotWired's link.  For those of you
that experience packet loss, do you experience it with www.hotwired.com
as well?  Has loss to organic improved any in the last few days (I've been
playing with our networks)?  Would the loss be less if HotWired were hanging
off of MCI instead of Sprint?  Since loss directly affects HotWired's
business I can argue for increased bandwidth.  We just haven't had time
to research how our site responds from remote.

I generally notice snappy response, but that's probably because inbound
our T1s aren't loaded at all.  Our statistics say we've also got room
to spare outbound, but statistics can lie.

Dean