Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gustavo Pinheiro <gu...@estatcamp.com.br> on 2004/01/21 14:49:33 UTC

Issues building Turbine with maven

Hello,

I get a load of errors when trying to build Turbine 2.3 using Maven.

First, I noticed that some Turbine classes had their names truncated. For
instance:

E:\jakarta-turbine-2.3\src\java\org\apache\turbine\services\assemblerbroker\
AssemblerBrok

I could figure out their names looking at compiling error. I downloaded them
from 3 different sources and they were all like this. I also used different
unpacking utilities (winace, gnu gzip and tar). Anyone noticed this?

Second, after fixing the issues mentioned, I kept getting errors. They were
all in ...services/schedule or ...services/security. I found out looking at
the sources and at maven.xml that some of the classes that should go in
those dirs had to be generated at build time by maven-torque-plugin. And
they were, but in a strange way. BaseJobEntry.java became
${basePrefix}JobEntry.java, for instance. So I figure it is something with
torque-plugin, which must be having trouble setting the var ${basePrefix},
but I couldn't find the place where ${basePrefix} and such are defined.

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!

RE: Issues building Turbine with maven

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I understand the desire for fewer jars..  Unfortunantly, up through 2.2,
that was the approach, but it meant adding in more and more jars to support
more and more services.  With 2.4, we will be able to have a stripped down
turbine build, and then if you need a specific service, then you add it into
yourself.

Additionally, while the TR.props will continue to remain for the foreseable
future, all the config will move to the ComponentConfiguration.xml, so you
will only have to look there to configure your component data...

ERic

Para: 'Turbine Users List'
Assunto: RE: Issues building Turbine with maven

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Posted by Loïc QUERAN <lo...@gicm.fr>.

Posted by Jeff Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
the basePrefix issues have been documented before.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-user&m=107177483118989&w=2

I would start there and see if you continue to have build troubles

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Gustavo Pinheiro wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get a load of errors when trying to build Turbine 2.3 using Maven.
>
> First, I noticed that some Turbine classes had their names truncated. For
> instance:
>
> E:\jakarta-turbine-2.3\src\java\org\apache\turbine\services\assemblerbroker\
> AssemblerBrok
>
> I could figure out their names looking at compiling error. I downloaded them
> from 3 different sources and they were all like this. I also used different
> unpacking utilities (winace, gnu gzip and tar). Anyone noticed this?
>
> Second, after fixing the issues mentioned, I kept getting errors. They were
> all in ...services/schedule or ...services/security. I found out looking at
> the sources and at maven.xml that some of the classes that should go in
> those dirs had to be generated at build time by maven-torque-plugin. And
> they were, but in a strange way. BaseJobEntry.java became
> ${basePrefix}JobEntry.java, for instance. So I figure it is something with
> torque-plugin, which must be having trouble setting the var ${basePrefix},
> but I couldn't find the place where ${basePrefix} and such are defined.
>

> HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!

Jeffery Painter

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC