Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com> on 2009/02/06 23:19:17 UTC

[T5] 5.1 Startup problem with TapestrySpringFilter

After generating the new archetype I get a

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tapestry5.spring.TapestrySpringFilter

The same error occurs also when using a ContextLoaderListener.
Tapestry-Spring and the TapestrySpringFilter are definitely in the
classpath. The spring beans are created normally.

Any idea what that could be?

web.xml contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app
<web-app>
    <display-name>Test51 Tapestry 5 Application</display-name>

    <!-- Context Parameters -->
    <context-param>
        <param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
        <param-value>de.test.test51</param-value>
    </context-param>
    <context-param>
        <param-value>
            /WEB-INF/classes/appContext-main.xml
        </param-value>
    </context-param>

    <!-- Filters -->
    <filter>
    <filter-name>app</filter-name>
    <!-- Special filter that adds in a T5 IoC module derived from the Spring
WebApplicationContext. -->

<filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.spring.TapestrySpringFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>app</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
</web-app>

Re: [T5] 5.1 Startup problem with TapestrySpringFilter

Posted by sige <si...@yahoo.co.nz>.
Hi

do you mean you changed the filter class:

<filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.spring.TapestrySpringFilter</filter-class>
     <filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter</filter-class>

and solved the problem? I have the same problem when shifting from T5.0 to
T5.1, I have some Spring beans needed in my classes which I have injected
using external spring context and a spring ContextLoaderListener:

   <context-param>
       <param-name>tapestry.use-external-spring-context</param-name>
       <param-value>true</param-value>
    </context-param>

     <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
     </listener>

I am not using maven and I managed the dependencies manually.

Thanks,

Sige

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.