Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Figueroa <fi...@andyfigueroa.net> on 2007/01/20 17:29:25 UTC

Confusing debug output on dcc, razor2, pyzor

I have enabled dcc, pyzor, and razor2 and network checks, so I find the
following debug output confusing so I'm unable to tell with any
certainty that I have this optimized the way I want to.

Why does it tell me "dcc: local tests only, disabling DCC" and likewise
for pyzor and razor2? Perhaps I just don't understand the difference
between @INC and not @INC or "loading Mail" and "registered Mail" (but
I'd like to), I do get spam where the markup confirms that dcc, pyzor
(rarely) and razor2 do get hits.

Selected portions of local.cf and v310.pre are pasted in below the small
selection of debug output.

I will be very grateful for replies.
Andy Figueroa

## from spamassassin --lint -D

dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC from @INC
dbg: dcc: local tests only, disabling DCC
dbg: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC=HASH(0x91c2544)
dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor from @INC
dbg: pyzor: local tests only, disabling Pyzor
dbg: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor=HASH(0x91d7a04)
dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 from @INC
dbg: razor2: local tests only, skipping Razor
dbg: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2=HASH(0x91f2624)

## from local.cf
# Enable or disable network checks
skip_rbl_checks         0
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 1
use_pyzor               1

## from v310.pre
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2

RE: Confusing debug output on dcc, razor2, pyzor

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>I have enabled dcc, pyzor, and razor2 and network checks, so I find the
>following debug output confusing so I'm unable to tell with any certainty
>that I have this optimized the way I want to.
>
>Why does it tell me "dcc: local tests only, disabling DCC" and likewise for
>pyzor and razor2? Perhaps I just don't understand the difference between
>@INC and not @INC or "loading Mail" and "registered Mail" (but I'd like
>to), I do get spam where the markup confirms that dcc, pyzor (rarely) and
>razor2 do get hits.
>
>Selected portions of local.cf and v310.pre are pasted in below the small
>selection of debug output.
>
>I will be very grateful for replies.
>Andy Figueroa
>
>## from spamassassin --lint -D
>
>dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC from @INC
>dbg: dcc: local tests only, disabling DCC
>dbg: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC=HASH(0x91c2544)
>dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor from @INC
>dbg: pyzor: local tests only, disabling Pyzor
>dbg: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor=HASH(0x91d7a04)
>dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 from @INC
>dbg: razor2: local tests only, skipping Razor
>dbg: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2=HASH(0x91f2624)
>
>## from local.cf
># Enable or disable network checks
>skip_rbl_checks         0
>use_razor2              1
>use_dcc                 1
>use_pyzor               1
>
>## from v310.pre
>loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
>loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
>loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2

As of SA 3.1.6 --lint turn off net tests. You must feed spamassassin a
message in order to debug net related tests.

spamassassin -D < message.txt

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline