Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com> on 2000/05/23 03:13:28 UTC

Re: parse throws exception, but SAX and XMLException are not being caught

That exception should be getting caught in XMLScanner, so I'm not sure
what's going on. If you look in XMLScanner::scanContent(), the call to
checkIDRefs() is within the try/catch block that wraps all of the parsing
operation.

I would imagine that you are really seeing a system exception, i.e.
something really bad is happening and its trapping. scanContent(), if it
gets any unknown exception, will issue an error through the error handler
and then rethrow it.

Are you using our binary drop, or is this a build of the system of your own?
Are you using a sample of ours, or some code of your own? What version are
you using, what platform, etc...

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib Class Libraries
Charmed Quark Software