Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Keith Hatton <ke...@publishingtechnology.com> on 2011/07/15 11:49:17 UTC

Error running jena.dbcreate on Posgres

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new Jena model in a PostgreSQL database.

I believe I've done this before on other databases successfully, but now I
am getting the problem below.

I'm using Jena 2.6.4.

One thing that may be unusual is that all permissions have been revoked from
the PUBLIC schema, but the user has permissions to create new tables in
their own schema, so I would expect jena_sys_stmt etc to be created in the
user's schema instead.

Can anyone suggest a way forward?

Thanks,

Keith

>java -cp arq.jar;icu4j.jar;iri.jar;jena.jar;json-jena.jar

;log4j.jar;lucene-core.jar;postgresql-jdbc4.jar;slf4j-api.jar;slf4j-log4j12.
jar;

stax-api.jar;wstx-asl.jar;xercesImpl.jar jena.dbcreate --db
jdbc:postgresql://lo

calhost:5432/blah --dbUser blah --dbPassword blah --dbType PostgreS

QL --model blah

Create named model: blah

Exception in thread "main" com.hp.hpl.jena.shared.JenaException: Exception
durin

g database access

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.PSet_TripleStore_RDB.find(PSet_TripleStore_RD

B.java:876)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.SpecializedGraph_TripleStore.find(Specialized

Graph_TripleStore.java:142)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.SpecializedGraphBase.find(SpecializedGraphBas

e.java:28)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.DBPropDatabase.findDBPropNode(DBPropDatabase.

java:134)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.DBPropDatabase.<init>(DBPropDatabase.java:84)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.DriverRDB.getSystemSpecializedGraph(DriverRDB

.java:330)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.DBConnection.containsModel(DBConnection.java:196)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.GraphRDBMaker.hasGraph(GraphRDBMaker.java:132

)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.GraphRDBMaker.createGraph(GraphRDBMaker.java:

94)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.ModelMakerImpl.createModel(ModelMakerI

mpl.java:46)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.ModelMakerImpl.createModel(ModelMakerI

mpl.java:49)

        at jena.dbcreate.exec0(dbcreate.java:67)

        at jena.util.DBcmd.exec(DBcmd.java:277)

        at jena.dbcreate.main(dbcreate.java:45)

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation
"jena_sys_stmt" do

es not exist

        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryEx

ecutorImpl.java:1608)

        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutor

Impl.java:1343)

        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.ja

va:194)

        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat

ement.java:451)

        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(Abstract

Jdbc2Statement.java:350)

        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat

ement.java:343)

        at com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.SQLCache.executeSQL(SQLCache.java:720)

        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.db.impl.PSet_TripleStore_RDB.find(PSet_TripleStore_RD

B.java:870)

        ... 13 more