Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by peterjca <pe...@ukgateway.net> on 2011/06/01 11:28:44 UTC

RE: ActiveMQ integration with WebSphere MQ

One last question to consolidate my understanding before I head off to the
WMQ forums.

Andy, you say:

"OK so in that case I can't see how you can get away without having a WMQ
Queue Manager (messaging server) right next to your app and doing
server<->server comms to theirs. I'm willing to be proven wrong by another
member of the community here."

Can you explain why a local messaging solution requires that local server to
be WMQ?

Re: ActiveMQ integration with WebSphere MQ

Posted by andypiper <an...@gmail.com>.
Rajesh

You can't do anything on the WMQ side to enable that kind of communication.
If you want a MessageProducer running against a WMQ JMS Provider to have its
messages delivered to a.n.other JMS Provider, you need some kind of bridging
agent. One solution could be the WebSphere Message Broker, which can talk to
any JMS provider (and a wide variety of other things like files, databases,
TCP/IP sockets, etc etc), so if the organisation you are working with has
that technology it would be trivial to create a message flow to move
messages between WMQ and ActiveMQ. The other alternative, as you've seen, is
to have the ActiveMQ bridge remotely "pull" messages from WMQ.

In both cases you have something in between WMQ and ActiveMQ moving the
messages between the two JMS Providers.

Andy

-----
Andy Piper
IBM WebSphere Messaging Community Lead
http://andypiper.co.uk

Re: ActiveMQ integration with WebSphere MQ

Posted by andypiper <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification, Gary.

So in that case my only other advice to Peter would be to ask his client to
ensure they have configured an appropriate level of security on the WMQ
side.

*goes off to think about trying all of this out*

-----

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
ActiveMQ will deal with the local "buffering", the bridge is a jms
consumer/producer or producer/consumer and in the case of erroring out
of client connections (SVRCONN), it will reconnect and resume. Any
pending messages will remain on the local ActiveMQ broker.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

RE: ActiveMQ integration with WebSphere MQ