Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ajey <aj...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/09 10:53:39 UTC

How can we customize the user roles for Product Stores

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem while implementing roles to the OFBiz web application
users. I need to apply roles to uses in such a way so that the users of one
Product Store can not view the data of another Product Store. As we know
that the Store Settings is a part of Catalog Manager, so if a person is
having rights to log into the Catalog Manager, he/she can easily handle the
Product Store settings.  On which level I can implement this granular
security.

Also, is there any way so that we can embed new security settings (our
custom defined) in the OFBiz application.

Please help me out.

Thanx in advance........

Ajey.

Re: How can we customize the user roles for Product Stores

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
look at security
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=SecurityPermission&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=10&VIEW_INDEX=8
and
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=ProductStoreRole
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=ProductRole

Ajey sent the following on 2/9/2008 1:53 AM: