Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Josh Clark <id...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/13 18:49:30 UTC

MySql Appender

This one is probably only of use to me, but maybe someone else will need
it...

Our application stores its data in a MySql database. We can't install the
MySql odbc driver on each computer that uses our product so we are forced to
use the MySql client library. So, to be able to log to our database, I
needed an appender that could log to MySql using the MySql client library -
thus, the MySqlAppender was born.

This class derives from the ODBC Appender and just overrides the
implementation of execute() to use the Mysql library. It also uses a few
more options.

This should be able to work in a non-windows environment, but I haven't
tested it anywhere but windows and VC 2003. If it is of use to someone,
great. If not, I still needed it.

josh