Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Coarr, Matt" <mc...@mitre.org> on 2012/11/14 23:19:56 UTC

what do they do? lookup window & overlap annotators

Does anyone have a quick description of what the lookup window annotator and the overlap annotator do?

I've been looking at the descriptor for LookupWindowAnnotator.xml and its two subcomponents (which use classes OverlapAnnotator and CopyAnnotator).

I'm trying to get a better grasp for what they do.

Thanks!
Matt

Re: what do they do? lookup window & overlap annotators

Posted by "Coarr, Matt" <mc...@mitre.org>.
Thanks Britt and James! That's very helpful!

Matt

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
This is all from memory:

Posted by Britt Fitch <br...@gmail.com>.
Its been a little while since I looked at that but I think this is
used for identifying overlapping concepts within a certain number of
tokens (window) for example:
insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
insulin dependent
diabetes mellitus
etc...

Hopefully my recollection is correct and I am not leading you astray.