Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Barodawala, Ali" <Al...@schwab.com> on 2005/02/10 23:30:08 UTC

Including deployment parameters in xconf file or sitemap

Hi All,

My XSP file invokes a set of WebServices. The IPs for development are
hard-coded in my XSP and work fine. For purposes of deployment in
production, however, I would like to obtain these IPs dynamically from a
'super' configuration file viz. cocoon.xconf or the sitemap.

Is there a way to define variables in these files that can be accessed from
the XSP?This would help me configure the IPs in one place and during prod
deployment, all I would need to do is supply the correct xconf/xmap and it
would automatically pick up the right IP(s)

Thank you much..
Ali