Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Th...@telekom.de on 2019/09/16 10:44:15 UTC

own endpoint exmaple?

Hi,

can some point me to a working example where an own endpoint was created.

In route I say:

.to("thomas://foo")

my Endpoint is

@Component
@UriEndpoint(scheme = "thomas", title = "Thiele", syntax="thomas:name", label = "Thomas")
public class ThomasStep extends DefaultEndpoint
{}

But I get.

thomas://name due to: No component found with scheme: thomas

AW: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Th...@telekom.de.
Hi,

the problem is that a lot of links on the page you are mentionend, are dead ("page not found"). I should have told that in the first posting.

I use spring so I hoped spring will find it.

I will look at the examples. Thanks.

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@gmail.com>.
If I understand correctly, you want to create your own component, is that
correct? If that is the case, please check here:
https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/writing-components.html. Basically
you will need to either:

   - Add add a file to META-INF/services/org/apache/camel/component/FOO to
   enable the auto-discovery per the docs.
   - Or initiate the component manually and add it to camel context, you
   can take a look an example here:
   https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/examples/camel-example-artemis/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/example/artemis/ArtemisMain.java#L39
or
   here:
   https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-kafka/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/kafka/BaseEmbeddedKafkaTest.java#L81

regards

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 at 12:44, <Th...@telekom.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can some point me to a working example where an own endpoint was created.
>
> In route I say:
>
> .to("thomas://foo")
>
> my Endpoint is
>
> @Component
> @UriEndpoint(scheme = "thomas", title = "Thiele", syntax="thomas:name",
> label = "Thomas")
> public class ThomasStep extends DefaultEndpoint
> {}
>
> But I get.
>
> thomas://name due to: No component found with scheme: thomas

AW: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Th...@telekom.de.
Thanks. Will look at it.

Posted by "Condello, Giovanni" <g....@techgap.it>.
A couple of suggestions from someone that had to build a custom component:

- Use the archetype to generate a skelton, then modify the pom to integrate
it back into your own structure. We did it and we found the process quite
straightforward.
- Find an existing camel component that works in a similar way to yours and
use it as an "inspiration" and as a reference.

For simpler projects (or one-offs) we usually just load a shared
RouteBuilder end expose the routes via a standard camel endpoint (e.g.
direct)

Hope it helps

Il gio 19 set 2019, 13:43 <Th...@telekom.de> ha scritto:

> Simply hide a complex monitoring (db-entries, log, etc.) with a simple
> call like "file://" "log:".
> I could use a bean or processor and I actually I had, but I thought its
> simplier so. For the caller (routedef) and for clean code.

AW: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Th...@telekom.de.

Re: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

May I know what do you want to achieve here? The context of your problem
can help us to know how can you move forward without much complexity
involved.

Regards,
Omar

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019, 13:20 <Th...@telekom.de> wrote:

> "Scaffolding your component through maven archetype"
>
> I think at the moment I didn’t know much about it.
> I really didn’t want to blow up pom only for a little endpoint. Or did I
> not get it?

AW: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Th...@telekom.de.

Re: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Alex Dettinger <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

  Did you figured it out ?
  From the code, it's hard to see what the issue could be: Do you extend

I see, yeah we will need to fix this. By the way, you can start scaffolding your component through maven archetype, https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-maven-archetypes.html, as I recall, it will also add the necessary files to enable camel auto discovery out of the box

Re: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@gmail.com>.

Re: own endpoint exmaple?

Posted by Alex Dettinger <al...@gmail.com>.