Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/18 14:23:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] [iOS] Apple Announcement of HTML5 Apps

Hi, there.

I noticed Apple announced new policy [1] on HTML5 Apps weeks ago. Through which Apple makes it position very clear:

"Apps may contain or run code that is not embedded in the binary (e.g. HTML5-based games, bots, etc.), as long as code distribution isn’t the main purpose of the app, the code is not offered in a store or store-like interface, and provided that the software….
(4) does not provide access to real money gaming, lotteries, or charitable donations; (5) adheres to the terms of these App Review Guidelines (e.g. does not include objectionable content); and (6) does not support digital commerce."  [2]

Though Weex provides the ability of downloading JavaScriptCode from a server, you might consider not doing this and embeding the JavaScript code in your binary of the software if your App falls into any of the above category.

Please read the following links carefully and the due day to implement the above guideline provided by Apple for existing Apps provided is March 3, 2020.

[1] https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=09062019b <https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=09062019b>
[2] https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#third-party-software <https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#third-party-software>

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

Re: [DISCUSS] [iOS] Apple Announcement of HTML5 Apps

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, this post is much clear. I’d like to summarize it in a similar way, "This update has nothing to do with Weex Apps, but Apps that people try to load from a remote server. Try not to load code from a server if your App(s) falls into the case mentioned above”.

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.