Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ferrari Massimo <ma...@ecofin.ch> on 2001/09/26 11:22:43 UTC

Authenitcation with 2.2 containers

Newie question:
I cannot find how to activate slide realms/authentication in a servlet 2.2
container.
Thank you!
Massimo

Re: Authenitcation with 2.2 containers

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Newie question:
> I cannot find how to activate slide realms/authentication in a servlet 2.2
> container.

You cannot use the Slide realm with anything but Catalina (the realm isn't
part of the serblet spec). You can of course use a different realm, or write
your own for your servlet container.

To wnable authentication, you can use the web.xml file which is in the Slide
webapp, as usual (see the servlet API spec for more details; there's also an
example of an auth contraint in the file itself).

Remy