Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> on 2013/06/16 15:26:47 UTC

New pypi release channel: cloudmonkey-latest

Hi folks,

I found some regressions in latest cloudmonkey on master, fixed it.

For the most users the official release of cloudmonkey [1] may have some
issues and due to long release cycle and the process of releasing
CloudStack I decided to start an unofficial pypi release channel called
cloudmonkey-latest from where most users can get the latest and greatest
cloudmonkey CLI for CloudStack. Everyone is welcome to join it so we can
have more people maintain cloudmonkey and its release channel. I've already
added Chip as I knew his pypi userid, send any of us your userid if you
want to help. Thanks.

cloudmonkey-latest should work pretty well even for 4.1 and older
cloudstacks and of course the latest from master branch.

Just do;
- To install: pip install cloudmonkey-latest
- To upgrade: pip install --upgrade cloudmonkey-latest
Note: installing this will too have the same console entry point
"cloudmonkey".

Pl. report any issue you see in it, you may build you own cloudmonkey and
install it from master as well.

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudmonkey
[2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudmonkey-latest

Happy cloudmonkeying or whatever you cloud monkeys do ;)