Posted to users@maven.apache.org by eyal edri <ey...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/23 10:46:03 UTC

Maven initial deploy on production server

Hi,

i'm looking for the best way to install maven on a production system.
I've already set up the development environment including:

   - maven2
   - artifactory
   - hudson

now i want to be able to give our guys that manages the center servers a
script/pkg so they could install without knowing maven at all,
which after that we'll be able to install java maven projects on the
servers.

what i had in mind was maybe creating an rpm and deploy it to our yum
repository, this rpm could include:

1. maven (the untarred 2.2.1 version).
2. bash script that will set up M2_HOME
3. a pre-defined settings.xml that will define the url for the maven
repository.

does that sound right? am i missing anything?

thanks!

--
Eyal Edri

Re: Maven initial deploy on production server

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
> I've set up the jpackage repo on my server.
>
> i don't quite understand how this helps me install the production system.
> ok, i can now install various java pkg and maven pkg from the jpackage repo,
> but i will have the artifactory for that (after maven will be installed).
>
> does jpackage servers another purpose other than being an updated yum
> repository for java pkgs?

A question for the jpackage user list but some answers here :

- consistent filesystem structure (convention instead of configuration)

- of course regular updates

If you wonder about replicable installation processes, you spoke about
doing your own RPMs, jpackage will probably help you to mimic
configuration on all your machines/vm.

Re: Maven initial deploy on production server

Posted by eyal edri <ey...@gmail.com>.
I've set up the jpackage repo on my server.

i don't quite understand how this helps me install the production system.
ok, i can now install various java pkg and maven pkg from the jpackage repo,
but i will have the artifactory for that (after maven will be installed).

does jpackage servers another purpose other than being an updated yum
repository for java pkgs?

thanks,

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.