Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Sure <su...@qq.com> on 2018/11/07 15:36:20 UTC

[DISCUSS]Discovery API support filter instances by properties

https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/issues/482

Hi guys,

Our system has 20+ services, and each service has 2k instances at most. All the instances are grouped by some labels(in Properties).

We are now querying all the instances from SC, and then filtering  them by labels on the client side. This wastes a lot of bandwidth and  has poor performance. Can SC's API provide the filtering function?

Thx.

Re: [DISCUSS]Discovery API support filter instances by properties

Posted by Xiaoliang Tian <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sure <su...@qq.com> 于2018年11月23日周五 下午10:38写道:

回复: [DISCUSS]Discovery API support filter instances by properties

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
@Sure
only send changed instances for each query, seems too difficult for SC,
right?

Posted by Yang Bo <oa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by bismy <bi...@qq.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It makes sense to filtering the instance on the server side.
We just need to keep the old API work when adding the new parameters.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem