Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Mike Grishaber <mg...@merlinone.com> on 2018/09/05 21:38:19 UTC

Lucene API to retrieve matched words

Hello All,

I am trying to find a way to retrieve a list of the words that matched a
query.  I'm not looking for highlighting, just a list of the words.  So if I
search for 'ski' and I match on 'skier' and 'skiis', I would like to get
back a list that includes 'skier' and 'skiis'.

Is there an API call that provides this?

Thanks

Mike

Re: Lucene API to retrieve matched words

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello.

What about MultiFields.getTerms().iterator().seekCeil(new BytesRef("ski")) ?

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Lucene API to retrieve matched words

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.
If what you want is to undo the analysis and find text in the original
document that was transformed into the terms that matched your query, that
is what highlighters are for. Do you have a reason not to want to use the
highlighters?

Posted by "baris.kazar" <ba...@oracle.com>.
Except TermQuery which does exact match, you can do <search_word>* by appending star char. In Oracle Database Sql it is like the % char.
Hope this helps
Best