Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 02:40:14 UTC

Source now contains download.cgi [was: [VOTE] Release of Commons Email 1.3.1 based on RC3]

On 28 February 2013 21:26, Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/28/2013 10:04 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
>> +1, looks good.
>>
>> Just one minor thing: The source release now contains the cgi for the
>> download page. Is this expected to be there? I did not notice it before,
>> but the RAT report was complaining about it. This was not the case for
>> the previous RC.
>
> yes, I forgot to mention this, but this has to be added for all
> components in src/site/resources or the download will not work anymore
> on the published site after the migration to the new system.

That's messy and unfortunate if it cannot be avoided.
Perhaps should consider excluding the file from the source jar?
Easy to do - just update the assembly XML file.

Re: Source now contains download.cgi [was: [VOTE] Release of Commons Email 1.3.1 based on RC3]

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> 2013/3/1 sebb <se...@gmail.com>:
> > On 28 February 2013 21:26, Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> before,
> >>
> >> yes, I forgot to mention this, but this has to be added for all
> >> components in src/site/resources or the download will not work anymore
> >> on the published site after the migration to the new system.
> >
> > That's messy and unfortunate if it cannot be avoided.
> > Perhaps should consider excluding the file from the source jar?
> Agree.
> It looks those download*.cgi was added manually to people.a.o.
> But now it's now possible anymore, as with svnpubsub all the content
> must be generated via mvn site .
> > Easy to do - just update the assembly XML file.

I agree too, but hopefully it does not affect the EMAIL release vote?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2013/3/1 sebb <se...@gmail.com>:
> On 28 February 2013 21:26, Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 02/28/2013 10:04 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
>>> +1, looks good.
>>>
>>> Just one minor thing: The source release now contains the cgi for the
>>> download page. Is this expected to be there? I did not notice it before,
>>> but the RAT report was complaining about it. This was not the case for
>>> the previous RC.
>>
>> yes, I forgot to mention this, but this has to be added for all
>> components in src/site/resources or the download will not work anymore
>> on the published site after the migration to the new system.
>
> That's messy and unfortunate if it cannot be avoided.
> Perhaps should consider excluding the file from the source jar?
Agree.
It looks those download*.cgi was added manually to people.a.o.
But now it's now possible anymore, as with svnpubsub all the content
must be generated via mvn site .
> Easy to do - just update the assembly XML file.

>> Thomas

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com