Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Damon Weyant <DW...@nesl.com> on 2008/02/04 15:17:53 UTC

RE: MyFaces 1.1 not working on Websphere 5.1.1.15 with Classloader set to PARENT_LAST

Another quick suggestion:

I was comparing the list of JAR files you have in your application compared to the applications we have up and running in WebSphere...we have the commons-el-1.0.jar file in our WEB-INF/lib folder, but that Jar file was not included in your list of JARs in your application.  It's a shot in the dark, but who knows ;-)

- Damon

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Thanks. I'm now looking at the ant script that I use to build the .ear
files. I've checked the faces-config and web.xml files and they are
identical to that of a working deployment.

-Richard

Posted by mchandir <mc...@cya.com>.

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.

Posted by mchandir <mc...@cya.com>.

mchandir wrote:

> yes i tried including the jar you mentioned no luck :-( would you be able
> to confirm that when u deployed in WAS 5.1.x what version of WAS you were
> using? What was the enterprise application classloader mode? what was the
> WAR classloader policy? and what was the webmodule's Classloader mode?
>  Becoz if i set the Webmodule's classloader mode to PARENT_FIRST, i was
> succesfully able to log in to my application and navigate but having some
> java.lang.verifyError errors here and there and i think it is becoz of the
> JDOM version conflict as we are bundling our own version. So i would want
> to set the classloader mode to PARENT_LAST.
>

> Damon Weyant wrote:
>>
>> Another quick suggestion:
>>
>> I was comparing the list of JAR files you have in your application
>> compared to the applications we have up and running in WebSphere...we
>> have the commons-el-1.0.jar file in our WEB-INF/lib folder, but that Jar
>> file was not included in your list of JARs in your application.  It's a
>> shot in the dark, but who knows ;-)
>>
>> - Damon

>>> commons-codec-1.3.jar
>>> commons-collections-3.1.jar