Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@concertant.com> on 2008/04/12 08:56:34 UTC

LinkageError using Ivy

I am using Ivy ( 2.0.0-beta2) from Gant.  This works fine on Ubuntu and
Windows but fails on Mac OS X (10.4) and Solaris 10:

Mac OS X

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
org/w3c/dom/Node class

Solaris 10

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable
initialization: when resolving method
"org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.opti.DefaultNode.appendChild(Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;" the class loader (instance of org/codehaus/groovy/tools/RootLoader) of the current class, org/apache/xerces/impl/xs/opti/DefaultElement, and the class loader (instance of <bootloader>) for interface org/w3c/dom/Node have different Class objects for the type org/w3c/dom/Node used in the signature

I am guessing this is not actually Ivy related per se, that it is
actually a classpath problem, but the org.w3c.dom.Node is, I believe, a
standard JDK class.  I am also hoping that people have seen this before
and the answer is well known.

The Java versions I am using are:

	Ubuntu 1.6.0_03
	Solaris 1.6.0_05
	Windows 1.6.0_03
	Mac OS X 1.5.0_13

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077