Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/01/11 16:54:56 UTC

[proposal|vote] Rename some matchers/selectors

Hi,

To move Cocoon further towards maturity, and to decrease guessing by our
users what every matcher/selector does, I propose to rename (note for
backwards-compatibility geeks: leave old version, deprecate it, and add
renamed version) following matchers/selectors:

RequestSelector               -> RequestParameterSelector
RequestParamMatcher           -> RequestParameterMatcher
WildcardParameterValueMatcher -> WildcardRequestParameterMatcher
RegexpTargetHostMatcher       -> RegexpHostMatcher

New names better reflect meaning of corresponding matcher/selector and
better reflect correlations with rest of matchers/selectors.

If nobody against this minor change, I will make this change this week.

Vadim

Re: [proposal|vote] Rename some matchers/selectors

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > To move Cocoon further towards maturity, and to decrease guessing by our
> > users what every matcher/selector does, I propose to rename (note for
> > backwards-compatibility geeks: leave old version, deprecate it, and add
> > renamed version) following matchers/selectors:
>
> +1  And we all know in our little world geek==demigod  ;P

+/-0 whatever

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [proposal|vote] Rename some matchers/selectors

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>>
>>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>+1  And we all know in our little world geek==demigod  ;P
>>

> While other [demi]gods are sleeping... Done!
> :)

Kool Beans, man!

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

RE: [proposal|vote] Rename some matchers/selectors

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.