Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/20 20:55:49 UTC

How to handle multiple controller attributes

Hello,

Currently in my struts-config.xml file I have the following controller entry.

<controller inputForward="false" contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"
debug="3" locale="true" nocache="true"
processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor"/>

All is running, but now I have the need to extend the
RequestProcessor. So I created a class
'com.xxx.xxx.myExtendedRequestProcessor".
which means now my controller should inclue that in the
"processorClass=" for its attribute value.

So my question is, how can you use two processorClass entries? Can this be done?

Regards

Re: need Tabbed page

Posted by Pazhanikanthan Periasamy <Pa...@caritor.com>.
Use Struts Menu. Go to apache site and download. They have many types oput
of which one is Tabbed Menu

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P
Project Leader,
Caritor (India) Pvt. Ltd.,
Madras - 600 006
Mob: 9886152717
Extn: 40123

"JEEVANATHAM P.     /BPCRP/INFOTECH/VASHI"
<je...@3i-infotech.com>
12/21/2005 09:59 AM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
need Tabbed page

Hi all,
For my application I need a tabbed page. I tried using css but that's not
sufficient for me. Please let me know is any other way in jsp to create
tabbed page with scrolling also when number of tabs are increased.

My page has a header part and details part. We need tab on details part.

Regards

[JEEVANATHAM P.     /BPCRP/INFOTECH/VASHI]

--
Greetings!

ICICI Infotech is now 3i Infotech.

The e-mail addresses of the company's employees have been changed to
<existing name>@3i-infotech.com. You are requested to take note of this
new e-mail ID and make use of the same in future

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the
original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this
message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient
acknowledges that 3i Infotech or its subsidiaries and associated
companies, (collectively "3i Infotech"), are unable to exercise control or
ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information
contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no
binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the
sender does so expressly with due authority of 3i Infotech. Before opening
any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."

need Tabbed page

Re: How to handle multiple controller attributes

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Jim Reynolds wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently in my struts-config.xml file I have the following controller entry.
>
> <controller inputForward="false" contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"
> debug="3" locale="true" nocache="true"
> processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor"/>
>

> All is running, but now I have the need to extend the
> RequestProcessor. So I created a class
> 'com.xxx.xxx.myExtendedRequestProcessor".
> which means now my controller should inclue that in the
> "processorClass=" for its attribute value.
>
> So my question is, how can you use two processorClass entries? Can this be done?
>
> Regards

No, there is only one request processor. Why do you want two? What you
should be doing is making your custom request processor a sub-class of
TilesRequestProcessor and, in any methods you override, calling super()
as appropriate.

L.