Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by coolsandy <ta...@mindtree.com> on 2012/06/20 08:23:51 UTC

Re: how to from regex for this scenario

yes... but in my case there are quite a few list boxes and i need to
exclusively retrieve values from this "xyz" list box..

Re: how to from regex for this scenario

Posted by coolsandy <ta...@mindtree.com>.
i have tried something like this..looking at the html source, i know that the
first "option" would be somewhere 5 lines after the select. so, i have added
these 5 \ns. But the # of options this list box would contain is dynamically
controlled.

select.*name="mtctType".*class="inputClass".*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*value="([^"]*)".*

Using the above exp, the prob is partially resolved. I always get the first
value of the list box. Now, in case i want to get the random values from the
list box, the above regex fails.

How do I resolve that?

Re: how to from regex for this scenario

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
Il 20/06/2012 08:23, coolsandy ha scritto:
> yes... but in my case there are quite a few list boxes and i need to
> exclusively retrieve values from this "xyz" list box..

try to trigger the regexp with:

select id="xyz" name="xyz"

and close it with

</select>
also, remember to  enable single line mode.
The final expr should be something like:

(?s)select id="xyz" name="xyz".*<option value="(.*)" ></select>

regards
--

Ing. Sergio Boso