Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Jason Mcswain <jm...@cloudera.com> on 2018/01/22 17:17:07 UTC

Installing impala-shell on a client machine

Hello,

I have an Ubuntu 16.04 VM that i use to communicate with my small CDH
environment.  I'm trying to install impala-shell on this VM (This will
allow me to run adhoc queries against my CDH cluster).

   - I have checked the following documentation:
      -
      https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-13-x/topics/impala_noncm_installation.html
      -
      http://impala.apache.org/docs/build/html/topics/impala_install.html#install
      - Attempted install with command: (ubuntu desktop 16.04)
      - *sudo apt-get install impala-shell*
      - Actual Error response from ubuntu.
      - *E: Unable to locate package impala-shell*

Has anyone else ran into this issue, and figured out how to install
impala-shell?

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you can provide,

-Jason-

Re: Installing impala-shell on a client machine

Posted by Vincent Tran <vt...@cloudera.com>.
s/yum/apt-get/g

Posted by Vincent Tran <vt...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jason,