Posted to user@struts.apache.org by netsql <ne...@roomity.com> on 2005/11/18 15:39:08 UTC

making a "real" full 1.3 ... help on ajax pick?

(I used to make on sf.net many years ago a zip of a compleate Struts,
jstl, w/ tomcat, etc.)

It be nice to make a zip of a Struts 1.3 start.zip that includes a super
simple master/detail(displaytag) and standard development enviroment.

It would include things that we normaly and regulary use w/ Struts 1.3
but don't come w/ downloads from here (JSTL, DisplayTag, Tiles, tomcat
reloader, build.xml, junit, validation, and ibatis sql map, etc.) Idea
is that you can just unzip and start 1.3 development w/ DAO, everything
just played forward a bit, all the configuration set up. (include just
dummy code and src folder set up). Yes, it would make some decissions,
but mostly good ones.

I think it should contain Ajax starter. Which?
this one:
http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net ?
http://getahead.ltd.uk/dwr/getstarted ?

So the question is:
* what ajax should be included in sf.net version of struts full 1.3
start.zip? *

Answer:

tia,
.V

Re: making a "real" full 1.3 ... help on ajax pick?

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
I've heard of a few people using AjaxTags (from Java Web Parts) in
production, or at least getting ready to move to production, and they
have had great success with it.  I am myself preparing to use it in prod
for the first time in the next month or so.  It does *appear* to be
pretty stable at this point.

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Re: making a "real" full 1.3 ... help on ajax pick?

Posted by netsql <ne...@roomity.com>.
Self reply:

Posted by netsql <ne...@roomity.com>.
I re-read it.