Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Patel, Mike" <mi...@pacificlife.com> on 2001/08/09 00:08:54 UTC

Converting XMP to PDF...HELP!!!!!!

Hi,

I am able to convert .XML files to .PDF using command line on Unix.  This
the command I use to convert.

./fop.sh firstdoc.xml -pdf firstdoc.pdf

Is their any easy way to do this or I have to do this every time (using Unix
script) before user can opens this documents in IE.

Thanks in ADVANCE

Mike

Re: Converting XMP to PDF...HELP!!!!!!

Posted by Don Wellington <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mike-

Yes, that is the way to convert xml to pdf.  And, you
need to do it to every file before the user can read
it in a PDF viewer.

An alternative, if you are serving the PDF via a
webserver is to use Cocoon.  With Cocoon2 you can set
it up such that when the web server gets a request for
say file.pdf it will convert file.xml to pdf and
return that to the user.  It has a caching system so
it will only perform the conversion once unless the
xml file has changed.

I hoep that helps.

Don