Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org> on 2014/09/07 20:38:02 UTC

[Discuss] Initial Topology Changes for Composite Application Support (Service Grouping)

​This is to discuss $subject.

I have attached the class diagram which shows the proposed Topology changes
for Composite App support. Please note that this design is not finalized
yet, might need to tweak this a bit as we go on.

​

I have only shown the Composite App related Topology related changes here.
The basic idea is as follows:

   - Topology will contain Applications, identified by a unique application
   id (specified in the Application Definition)
   - The Application can contain any number of Groups (set of Services
   and/or Groups) and/or Clusters.
   - The Groups correspond to a particular Group Definition that has been
   deployed before.
   - Applications and Groups might have a Dependency Order; a set of
   Startup Orders and a Kill Behavior which corresponds to the order that
   services in the particular App/Group is started and how to handle
   dependency termination.

   --
   Thanks and Regards,

   Isuru H.
   +94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

   * <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: [Discuss] Initial Topology Changes for Composite Application Support (Service Grouping)

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Lahiru,

Sorry for the late response.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> Regarding the services,
>
> It should have relationship as follows, right?
>
> Topology   1: 0..n   Services
> Group        1: 1..n    Services

 Did you mean a Service Cluster? The Topology can have zero or more
Applications, and for each Application,
Application 1: 0..n Group
Application 1: 0..n Cluster
Group 1: 0..n Group (nested Groups)
Group 1: 0..n Cluster

Basically, an Application can have zero or more of Groups and Clusters. A
Group itself can have zero or more of Groups (nested Groups), and a Group
can have zero or more Clusters as well.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Isuru,