Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bryce Nesbitt <br...@obviously.com> on 2006/10/31 20:30:16 UTC

How to set <%@ page session="false" %>, globally?

I'm having trouble with Google and Alexa indexing pages on my site
hundreds of times, each with a different colon separated session ID.

I was able to reduce this by adding:
<%@ page session="false" %>

To the top of all my template pages.  But the subpages still generate
session ID's.  How can I make <%@ page session=false %> global, or get
it to cascade to the content part of my pages?

                   Bryce Nesbitt
                   http://www.citycarshare.org/

Re: How to set <%@ page session="false" %>, globally?

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> I'm having trouble with Google and Alexa indexing pages on my site
> hundreds of times, each with a different colon separated session ID.

There's a big thread on tomcat-users list regarding the same issue. IMO
the best solution is to apply a filter to disable url rewriting (one can
enhance it to disable it only for spiders).

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/struts-user/200311.mbox/%3c3FBA8A39.8010907@fiskars.com%3e

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski      <mi...@ceti.pl>        http://ceti.pl/~miki/
                    PGP KeyID: 8b12ab02

Re: How to set <%@ page session="false" %>, globally?

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
Use tiles and place it in your default layout.
  (*Chris*)