Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Matheus Leite <ma...@longadata.com> on 2006/05/24 23:10:24 UTC

Help installing SVN on Suse

Hello, I am trying to install SVN 1.3.1 from source on SLES 9
following the instructions available at
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_subversion_1.3.0_on_SLES_9

However:
- I can't find the neon and tls rpms for installation
- When I try to run configure I get the error below.

Can anybody help?

matheus:~/subversion-1.3.1 # ./configure --prefix=/opt/subversion
--disable-mod-activation --with-apxs=/opt/subversion/bin/apxs
--with-ssl --with-zlib --with-swig=/opt/subversion/bin/swig
configure: Configuring Subversion 1.3.1
configure: creating config.nice
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking whether ln -s works... yes
configure: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library configuration
checking for APR... reconfig
configuring package in apr now
: command not found3.1/apr/configure: line 11:
/root/subversion-1.3.1/apr/configure: line 19: syntax error near
unexpected token `elif'
/root/subversion-1.3.1/apr/configure: line 19: `elif test -n
"${BASH_VERSION+set'" && (set -o posix) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
configure failed for apr

Re: Help installing SVN on Suse

Posted by o....@cs.ucc.ie.
Matheus
I installed subversion 1.3.0 on SLES9 with any problem
subversion-1.3.0 # more config.nice
#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

"./configure" \
"--with-ssl" \
"--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs" \
"$@"

neon is included with the subversion source tarball
you probably need SWIG as well
regards
oliver

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Matheus Leite wrote:
> > Hello, I am trying to install SVN 1.3.1 from source on SLES 9
> > following the instructions available at
> > http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_subversion_1.3.0_on_SLES_9
> >
> > However:
> > - I can't find the neon and tls rpms for installation
> > - When I try to run configure I get the error below.
>
> First, start using "fou4s" instead of the autoyast updater. Second, isn't neon
> part of the standard SuSE 9.x available tools? They certanly seem to be
> available as part of SuSE 9.3. You may have to recompile from SRPM, and do
> other upgrades.
>
> But if they won't compile, you've probably run headlong into one of the
> problems of SuSE. While SuSE supports their released OS's commercially for 7
> years, nobody cares because newer tools won't compile on them, and you wind up
> having to upgrade anyway to get new tools.

Oliver Nash
Computer Systems Support Group
Department of Computer Science
University College Cork
Ireland
EMAIL:o.nash@cs.ucc.ie
PHONE:+35321 4902972

Re: Help installing SVN on Suse

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Tony Butt <to...@cea.com.au>.
Matheus Leite wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to install SVN 1.3.1 from source on SLES 9
> following the instructions available at
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_subversion_1.3.0_on_SLES_9
>

> However:
> - I can't find the neon and tls rpms for installation
> - When I try to run configure I get the error below.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> matheus:~/subversion-1.3.1 # ./configure --prefix=/opt/subversion
> --disable-mod-activation --with-apxs=/opt/subversion/bin/apxs
> --with-ssl --with-zlib --with-swig=/opt/subversion/bin/swig
> configure: Configuring Subversion 1.3.1
> configure: creating config.nice
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for egrep... grep -E
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> configure: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library configuration
> checking for APR... reconfig
> configuring package in apr now
> : command not found3.1/apr/configure: line 11:
> /root/subversion-1.3.1/apr/configure: line 19: syntax error near
> unexpected token `elif'
> /root/subversion-1.3.1/apr/configure: line 19: `elif test -n
> "${BASH_VERSION+set'" && (set -o posix) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
> configure failed for apr

I have done exactly this, but my configure was somewhat different.
We already have swig on the machine, and we use the apache apsx2 that
comes with SLES9
There are also libapr1 RPM's available for SLES9 at the SuSE mirrors
I used:
./configure --prefix=/opt/subversion --with-swig --with-berkeley-db
--with-ssl --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.3 --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2

Tony Butt
CEA Technologies