Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Filip Balas <fb...@IMVProjects.com> on 2005/03/30 20:19:08 UTC

Remove caching from inherited-bindings...

Hi Everyone,

I have a bit of a situation:

Page foo passes parameters
to an embedded menu component.
The menu component, in turn, passes
those parameters as inherited bindings
to a preference editor.

What I hope to achieve is that each
page will have it's own preference object
and that the menu will use a component
inside of it to manipulate those preferences
so that each page can dynamically change
it's appearance.

The problem in short is this:
1) Bindings are created before the render cycle.
2) Inherited-Bindings get their value from a cached copy
    of the value as it WAS when the binding was created.

Now for reasons connected to cayenne, I cannot initialize
my preference before the page has been fully loaded and
bindings have been created.  This means that despite the
fact that in my pageBeginRender method I initialize my
preference, my nested component in my menu still sees
the cached 'null' value for the preference which was there
when the binding was first created.

Is there a way to cascade update inherited-bindings after
you have changed the variable that they were originally
based on?

Thanks,
Filip

Re: Remove caching from inherited-bindings...

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Filip Balas <fbalas <at> IMVProjects.com> writes:
> Is there a way to cascade update inherited-bindings after
> you have changed the variable that they were originally
> based on?

Have you tried setting the direction to "auto" for
the parameters for both your Menu component and
the Edit Preference component?