Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ravindra Jain <ra...@ltp.soft.net> on 2001/08/03 10:41:20 UTC

Overriding the properties

Hi All,
I'm new to Ant and I have some doubts on the use of <property> task.

I have two targets named "A" and "B", where "B" depends on "A",
There is a third target "C" , which depends on both "A" and "B".
I want to use two separate properties files in "B" and "A".
I mean "A" will use {project.root}/src/a.properties,
and "B" will use {project.root}/src/com/domain/b.properties

My problem is that if I use a <property file="path to a.properties"/>,
then after executing the task "A", it tries to execute target "B" (target
name="B" depends="A")
where I'm using the second property file with <property file="path to
b.properties"/>
So after executing "B" it does not recognize all the properties from "A"'s
properties file.

Is there any method to override the properties for some time, and then again
restore them ?

Thanks for help..

With Best Regards,
Ravindra..

Re: Overriding the properties

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ravindra Jain <ra...@ltp.soft.net> wrote:
> Is there any method to override the properties for some time, and then
> again restore them ?

Yes. See the <ant> and <antcall> tasks.

Diane

=====