Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Joel Hirsh <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/15 05:45:38 UTC

Reading color of stroked lines

I am extending PDFGraphicsStreamEngine

and reading stroked lines.  That works fine.

I am also trying to get the color of the lines with code like

@Override
public void lineTo(float x, float y) throws IOException
{

PDGraphicsState gs = super.getGraphicsState();
int rgb = gs.getStrokingColorSpace().getInitialColor().toRGB();

or
int rgb = gs.getStrokingColor().toRGB();

}
rgb is always zero, and if I breakpoint and look at the  PDGraphicsState
structure it seems to have an infinite loop of pointers to ColorSpaces and
InitialColors.

Is there a way to read the stroke color?

What I am trying to do is ignore white on white lines.

Thanks

Re: Reading color of stroked lines

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 15.03.2018 um 06:45 schrieb Joel Hirsh:
> I am extending PDFGraphicsStreamEngine
>
> and reading stroked lines.  That works fine.
>
> I am also trying to get the color of the lines with code like
>
> @Override
> public void lineTo(float x, float y) throws IOException
> {
>
> PDGraphicsState gs = super.getGraphicsState();
> int rgb = gs.getStrokingColorSpace().getInitialColor().toRGB();
>
> or
> int rgb = gs.getStrokingColor().toRGB();
>
> }
> rgb is always zero, and if I breakpoint and look at the  PDGraphicsState
> structure it seems to have an infinite loop of pointers to ColorSpaces and
> InitialColors.

The second one should work. The best would be to share your PDF and some
minimal code. 0 = black.

Tilman