Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@elasticpath.com> on 2005/10/05 20:12:11 UTC

JDBC task and DECIMAL column

Using ant and the jdbc task I've managed to generate a nice schema.xml
file for my database.

However, the DECIMAL columns all have been generated without their
precision. So if I use this schema.xml all my floating point values are
now integers. :-(

As an example, the database has a price column of type

DECIMAL(19,2)

but the generated schema.xml has

<column name="price" size="19" type="DECIMAL"/>

instead of

<column name="price" size="19,2" type="DECIMAL"/>

Is there a setting that makes sure that both size and precision end up
in the size attribute? Or is this a bug?

Bye,
Hilco

Re: JDBC task and DECIMAL column

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@elasticpath.com> schrieb am 05.10.2005
23:35:45:

> Does replying to your own emails count as talking to yourself? ;-)

Replying to one's own email has a long tradition on mailing lists. I've
done this often enough, so never mind.

> I've been bold enough to make some changes to
> TorqueJDBCTransformTask.java and I am now able to generate DECIMAL and
> NUMERIC columns correctly.

Very nice.

> I should have official permission tomorrow to contribute these changes.
> Is it enough to just send in a diff?

Yes, it is. Please send it either to the dev list
(torque-dev@db.apache.org) or open an issue at the issue tracker (this is
preferred). Please make sure you use UTF-8 as file encoding, no tabs and
BSD-style bracketing.

    Thomas

Re: JDBC task and DECIMAL column

Posted by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@elasticpath.com>.