Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Brane F. Gračnar" <bf...@interseek.si> on 2008/05/22 17:47:50 UTC

retrieving jar with highest version

Hello there ;)

First, i have to mention, that i'm just system administrator, not
developer, so please, excuse me for the following stupid question.

I would like to retrieve jar with highest version number from our
central maven repository using mvn command to some directory on a
filesystem.

It this possible with single mvn command or i will have to write pom.xml
with assembly goal?

Best regards, Brane

RE: retrieving jar with highest version

Posted by Andreas Guther <An...@markettools.com>.
Repositories have metadata xml files from where you can retrieve the highest number. It is usually pretty straightforward downloading the metadata file, extracting the information and constructing the required version number.

Andreas