Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> on 2020/01/16 12:41:46 UTC

The 2019 Summary of ShardingSphere community

Hello community,

Although our 2020 journey has begun, it is worth reviewing what we did during last year and sharing the great progress we made with everyone in community. Here are some roughly interesting data from January 2019 to December 2019.

Compared with 513 PRs in gitHub during 2018, 870+ PRs were merged into our dev branch last year.

GitHub stars increased by 50%, compared to 6k at the beginning of 2019.

4 versions released successfully conformant to Apache release policy.

2 PPMCs and 8 committers were invited to join our community.

62 contributors did contribution for our community last year. This figure in 2018 was about 29.

Although those figures are merely part of community data, it is the clear evidence that we made a great progress during 2019. All those grow-up are thanks to everyone in our community!

Special thanks to Craig, Willem, Gosling and Justin. What you shared in Apache meetups shed lights on how to make our community active and diverse and gave us much of help.

Many thanks to our PPMCs and committers. Your efforts made our community run pretty in order.

Last but not least, many thanks to contributors and subscribers. You are important force to ShardingSphere community.

In further, there are a lot of work and improvement need to do. Hope we can keep carrying on with passion and make our community more 'Apache way'.

Any comment, suggestion, opinion are welcomed here, please step farword to say whatever you want!

Warm greetings to you and your family, hope you could become who you are.

Trista

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panjuan@apache.org

Re: The 2019 Summary of ShardingSphere community

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
Impressive progress. Thanks for the statistics.

--

Zhang Yonglun
Apache ShardingSphere

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2020年1月16日周四 下午8:42写道:

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
We have a wonderful journey in 2019, wish our community have a excellent
grow up in 2020.

Thank you for every contributors. Happy Chinese new year to everyone.

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

sushixiang <sh...@qq.com> 于2020年1月17日周五 上午11:06写道:

Posted by sushixiang <sh...@qq.com>.
Thank you! :)

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------

Posted by sushixiang <sh...@qq.com>.

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Thanks for our experienced PPMC’s suggestion, i hope so.

Trista

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panjuan@apache.org

On 01/16/2020 21:02,Sheng Wu<wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Congrats to the whole community, and be honored as a part of the team.

Happy Chinese new year to everyone. And in my mind, after the vacation of
many of us, we could start the discussion about graduation.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.